Master Mollica's Kung-Fu & Tai-Chi is the leading Martial Arts academy in Columbus, OH. Whether it's your first time in martial arts or refining your skills, we can help you by offering over 30 years of experience.
We Provide Training & Education In
Kung-Fu | Tai-Chi | Shuai-Chiao | And More
Adult Shaolin Kung-Fu
Turn the hunter into the hunted as you become a Shaolin Tiger. Focused on stop techniques, blocking, and setting an opponent off balance to provide an opportunity to strike, this counter-offensive style of martial arts enables students of any age and size to feel confident and empowered. "Counter-offensive" means that a Shaolin Tiger will wait for their opponent to strike first, instilling a false sense of confidence, then strike quickly to prevent and answer the attack. Grandmaster Greenlee teaches through a discipline of patience and physical control, requiring precision and intentionality in every movement.
Master Ryan Shumaker teaches the disciplines of Shaolin Iron Tiger Kung Fu to children and youth aged 8 to 16. Including the traditional forms of Iron, Soft, Golden, and Short Tiger as well as Chang's Tai Chi, Tai Chi Sword, Tasi Chi Pole, broadsword and more, your you martial artist will receive a well-rounded foundation in kung fu and weaponry skills. Master Shumaker is a 2nd-degree black belt with experience on the U.S. International Games Team, at Summit Academy School for ADHD/Aspergers, and has won the National Championship.
Tai Chi Classes
Master Mollica presents Ch'ang's Tai Chi in a simple and fun 60-minute class. If you are searching for a low impact fitness class that will improve your health, tone your body, and clear your head, then Tai Chi is for you. The unique school known as Ch'ang's Tai Chi was developed from a mix of 2,700-year-old practices to rejuvenate the mind and body and develop internal energy. Focus your mind on the Tan Tien, your reservoir of chi, and become one with your inner self. Gather your energy through measured movements to find oneness in a peaceful balanced life.
Second Grand Master Mollica studied directly from Grandmaster Chang Tung Sheng, Dr. Daniel Weng and Chang's leading instructors including Gene Chicoine, Jeng Hsing Peng, John S. Wang, David Chi-Kai Lin and Jan Ming Wu in Shuai-Chiao and also with Grandmaster R.A. Greenlee in Shaolin Tiger Kung Fu.
Call us at (614) 263-4701 for other martial arts education and services we provide. Call us for an appointment.
An Update On COVID Policies & Procedures
We will be enforcing several safety measures for the safety of our students and our staff:
- Masks will be required for anyone inside the studio.
- Social distancing will be maintained during class.
- As students enter and depart, the air conditioner fan will be running full time to replace the oxygen in the room several times an hour.
- We will no longer have "stacked" classes. This allows for the school to be sanitized before and after each class, with a 24-hour period before another session is held.
- There will be hand sanitizer stations throughout the school, and time will be allotted for frequent usage.
- No contact is allowed during sparring or training exercises, so some creativity will be required of the instructors and students.
- Since all accounts will be activated in September, you are required to contact us if you wish to keep your membership frozen.
- Sadly, we insist that no one over the age of 60 is to be allowed to enter the studio for lessons or observation of classes.
- We truly have the best interest of the students and parents in mind. We may take temperatures at the door as well as other precautions, such as entering through the front door and exiting by the side door. Tai-Chi classes will be limited to once a week (and to those under 60) and will meet on Sundays at 5 PM.